Monday 5 December 2016

No news is no news

       
           Perhaps one should let sleeping dogs ..... trying to upload recent photies onto this laptop has become even more difficult than before. Now this pile of annoying stuff refuses to recognise even the existence of the phone.

          Anyway, it's six weeks since I sent out Remote Control and the Ecuador book. Whenever I've had something accepted by anyone, it's always happened almost right away, but if I can start hustling agents again soon, that'll make me feel as if I'm working.

         In the last six weeks I haven't written a word. I'd like to start tonight. The play. The problem is that I'm trying to stick the bits from the "radio" version into the stage version and ... well, it's just a hassle having all these drafts to look at: one on the screen and two printed. What kind of writing is that?

         Anyway, I'm pretty sure to start this week since I've cut out the visit to Kathy this Thursday to clear some space. My meditations are going brilliantly. That's the main thing these days.

Next day: David Haviland got back to me first thing this morning. They seem dead efficient. I do not seem so efficient since it seems that I did not send him the book in the first place!! One of the many reasons that I need an agent!!

9 comments:

  1. I say!

    Good grief, man! There are SO many ways to transfer photos to a laptop. e.g. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2150826/five-apps-to-move-photos-from-your-smartphone-to-your-pc.html

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do I have to learn that? It worked perfectly well on windows 8, which was crap otherwise, then they change it on you and .... I'd like compensation, please.

      Delete
  2. I say!

    I think you still have Flight Mode turned On.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afraid not! I suppose I'll have to spend several hours trying to get this sorted sometime. They should pay you for your time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To get started open Dropbox on your mobile device and go to Settings > Camera Upload.

    First thing one comes across... there is no Dropbox on my phone. Please stop sending me these helpful suggestions. This machines are just for wasting time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say!

    If your Flight Mode is not switched On, then do you have a sim card in the phone? Surely you do.

    But really, you should use ssavr.com exactly as I described previously. Don't make it complicated, don't try to understand what it is doing, just follow my previous instructions posted 19 Oct.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just clickied on the ssavr. It says upload. Then it takes you to the desktop and the laptop doesn't recognise the phone. So stop suggesting stuff. It takes too long. I'll stick to old photies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The laptop doesn't have to recognise the phone!!! The photie will be there. Good grief!!! It could not be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On your phone, go to ssavr.com

    Tap on the arrow going up [which signifies Upload]

    Tap on the 'Drop files here...'

    Tap on Documents

    You should now see lots of photies. Tap the one you want to get on your computer. Now put your phone down.

    On your computer go to ssavr.com

    Click on the Arrow down [Download]

    There is the details of your photo! Click on the down arrow [for Download] and open with whatever your computer says (possibly TWINUI) and you have your photie which you can save, etc.

    ReplyDelete