Friday 21 October 2016

Some responses from literary agents.

                   
          I got a message from David Haviland, the fiction guy from Andrew Lownie. The next day. I mean, that is what you want. It doesn't matter if they don't want the business. But it does make a difference if you think these folk actually look at their emails. I wouldn't be surprised if they get hundreds of emails every day.

          Anyway, David Haviland asked for three chapters and a synopsis, the way they always do. I cannot understand this. I do not think folk deal in hard copies these days.

          Last night, several days after sending the first batch of emails, I got a response from Angus MacDonald of Artellus Ltd. He asked the see the Ecuador book!! I was really surprised. Once the folk in New York didn't get back to me, I kind of gave up on that.

          I'm trying not to deal with more than one agent at a time, but David Haviland is a fiction guy and Are There Any Buddhists in Ecuador? is never going to interest a guy like that!! So I've just replied to both of them and sent on the fiction book to the fiction guy, and the Ecuador book to the guy who must be Ecuadorean though he sounds pretty Scottish, being Angus MacDonald.

          |Nobody wants to see the two books for ten to fourteen year olds. These are the best!! But nobody wants to see them. There can't be any money in kidsbooks. Just ask JK Rowling.

1 comment:

  1. I say!

    So what happened? Have you got an agent? Are you going to be rich and famous?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete