Wednesday 19 October 2016

My guru!



          \I managed to post this by copying it from facebook!! This photie was taken last week down at the Samye Ling. Very pleased to be able to post it here!!

           I haven't heard from the fiction guy at Andrew Lownie yet. Of course, if he doesn't fancy the stuff on my Amazon book page ... specifically, I directed them to the two books for young adults and the one about blowing folk up. If he doesn't like the look of that, there's no reason for him getting in touch. I'll give them till the end of business on Monday and then go again.

          |I don't really care about getting published because I don't need the money, or any aggravation that might ensue, but I'm going to make the effort because I told my guru I'd try to get her some money to develop the muddy field she's making into a dharma centre in Belgium. You can't dish money out if you haven't got it. And there's no good reason for wanting stuff published unless it's for the money.

         We chatted about deity yoga. I'd read about yogis being able to imagine deities until they seemed to be there and could imagine them so well that they could view them from different angles. The lama said when you imagine the deity above your head, it frees your mind and your mind can them go and have a look from the front, side, etc.

          From my personal experience, that still seems almost impossible. However, my visualisations are getting better although they are still very poor. Of course, these visualisations are supposed to be done with your eyes open. When I gaze at something for a wee while, the whole of my visual field starts to distort. Sometimes things meld into each other and sometimes light seems to cover the edges of stuff. If you just let this process go, sometimes the thing you are looking at almost disappears. Perhaps it is from this kind of visual field that the visualisations are possible, but I don't know. |The lama told me that the distortions in my vision were normal.

          The effects of vase breathing particularly are running away with themselves just now. I wanted the lama to tell me where all this might lead. She smiled and shrugged. We do not know, but forward, forward ... all my plans are simple!

          It was nice to hear some response from Andrew Lownie. |I means the email I sent isn't a complete turn off.

2 comments:

  1. I say!

    If the juju process is more complicated than sending a snap from a phone to a computer, then it's surely a lost cause as far as you are concerned?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing complicated about sitting quietly doing nothing. |But, oh no! You'd have to switch off the beepy clicky things!

      Delete