Thursday 21 August 2014

Whitekirk



          Yesterday I visited a church called Whitekirk. I think it's near North Berwick. It seems a future pope once walked there from the coast in his bare feet to give thanks for landing safely on Scottish soil. It was snowing as well. There a boy who was really determined to get here and vote YES.

           The day before that I was with Brian Wilson doing some festivalling. We saw two shows and both were good. One was Ian Smith- Unflappable, which was on at the Pleasance. A very well written show and a very talented performer. The other show was good as well, but I can't remember the performer's name!!

            I'm  in waiting for someone to come and fix my central heating. This will be the third time they've tried to fix it. The boiler isn't even two years old.

4 comments:

  1. I say!

    So it is true - Old Rhodies never die. Smithy is still going strong? Was he still going on about the Lancaster House Agreement?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw, but he said the Scottishy folk should declare unilateral independence tout suite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say!

    I expect that there are several potential Mugabe copycats.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Ian Smith's a mentor for the yessies, things are worse than I thought. Albert.

    ReplyDelete