Thursday 21 August 2014

Marie-Rex. Requiēscat In Pāce"


          I met Anastasia only once, but I remember it very, very well because she was such a lovely woman. And she told me about such hard times. Maybe not such a great relationship with her dad, and a dreadful story about lying in a hospital bed, having had a very bad diagnosis and listening to some idiot husband saying he wanted a divorce because he didn't want a sick wife. And another one who broke her arms. Just look at the picture she sent me. And she had very bad illnesses, distressing ones.She told me about staying in a town in Arizona which had prisons as an industry. Thirteen prisons ... even I don't believe that. Thirteen prisons. She could do peoples' accounts. She could sew them costumes. She told me about Renaissance Fairs which I'd never heard of. She had a total knowledge of  Mary Queen of Scots. The best of north America, so she was. I think she must have passed away about a month ago. She said she was a pagan, but she did mantras. Utterly my kind of josephine. She wrote something once about how wonderful it was when Brian, her partner, asked her to marry him. We'll meet again. Don't know where. Don't know when. I would like to have an enduring connection with someone like that. I'm sure she carried her cross as well as any one could. Dearie me. Dearie, dearie me.

4 comments:

  1. An absolute sweetie and a true braveheart. Her last husband sounds like a good man. Albert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - didn't the sensei have an Arizona connection too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Albert? The sensei lived in Pheonix. I think he moved to Portland when he was found out!! I enjoyed Marie-Rex's comments! Shame she's gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this lovely tribute to Anastasia... Brian

    ReplyDelete