Tuesday 24 April 2012

Trouble with Ancient Futures

          Ancient Futures picked up a very bad review the other day, not that the reviewer had read the book. But the reviewer said the book was so strewn with proof-reading errors and it seemed like some of the original scan hadn't been corrected. One of the pages had all the letters O replacing all the letters A, and that is what sometimes happens when you scan a document into the computer. The reader never got passed page ten and this is very unfortunate since she said she was really looking forward to reading the book. 

          This seemed like a bit of a disaster, so I deleted the book and contacted the reviewer with profuse apologies.

           Last night I downloaded my copy of Ancient Futures, a word document (I don't have a Kindle) and was prepared to start correcting it. I only found two mistakes in the first seventy three pages!!!

            So I have no idea what's happening here. My friend, who did most of the uploading of the other books himself, and I uploaded Ancient Futures a good year before we ever did anything else on Kindle, just as an experiment. We must have uploaded the wrong document though I don't see how.

             I wasn't looking forward to looking at Ancient Futures again by any stretch of the imagination, but was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Now that I've started it, I'll finish it and make sure there are no other errors in the text. Then I'll upload it again.

              If anyone reading this has Ancient Futures on their Kindle, how's about having a keek to see if it's a mess and letting me know? And if you've any idea as to what might have happened here, I'd be glad to know that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment