Monday 10 October 2011

TheBlissBook


          TheBlissBook is about bliss, meditation, Tibetan Buddhism, writing and working as a full time librarian in a bog standard Edinburgh comprehensive school. All the incidents and characters in the book are completely fictional however.

          TheBlissBook is written in the same style as Are You Boys Cyclists?  and The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf, so if you like one, you'll probably like the other two! Someone I knew at the school where I used to work bought it as soon as it was uploaded and here's his review:


1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!5 Oct 2011
This review is from: TheBlissBook (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed reading this book nd never stopped laughing the whole way through. Perhaps it's because I could relate to the situation, or perhaps it was the clever mix of humour, teaching and semi-autobiography that made this novel so great. I'd love to read more work by this author!

          Whereas Are You Boys Cyclists? was written in about six months, TheBlissBook took me two and a half years. This was partly because by then I was spending an awful lot of my spare time in meditation and partly because I kept getting really annoyed when I was working on it.

            The first agent I sent it to was Pat Kavanagh, the doyen of literary agents sadly now deceased, and she wrote back with this wonderful response : "It reads to me like autobiography infused with fantastical wish fulfillment and written while high on adrenalin? Speed? Dope?"

             The second agent I sent it to phoned me up the next day at my work and tried to get the book published at the Frankfort and London book fairs, and just about everywhere else, but drew a blank.

              I'm very pleased to be able to put this book on Kindle. It's selling for 86p, a real steal!

2 comments:

  1. I really hope this book sells John. It's a fantastic read. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pleased you enjoyed it, Ewan! The review will help. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete