Saturday 15 October 2011

Promoting Ebooks?

           All ten of my ebooks are now selling for 86p!

           I think I read somewhere that there are 700,000 books on Kindle, and it seems if you sell one copy, you end up about 250,000 in the bestseller lists, so I suppose most of the ebooks there aren't selling at all.

          I was encouraged to set up this blog to get some kind of internet presence and it is actually starting to get hits, about two or three a day. I think they're coming from Facebook. I went onto Facebook about a year ago to help keep in contact with my younger relatives, but I started promoting the books on there. I've only got about thirty five friends, so that's not a lot of promoting!

           The only real work I've been doing on promotion has been advertising the books on relevant discussion threads that you find beneath where the books appear on their Kindle page, but that just seems to piss people off!

             Anyway,  the books haven't been selling at all. The Real McCoy hasn't sold a single copy, which is quite funny because it's the best one there in my opinion.

             Even if they don't sell another copy I'm very pleased to have them on Kindle. Nice to have them parked somewhere. I'm trying to put my writing behind me for a while so I can get on with practising raising inner heat, the foundation for the Six Yogas of Naropa. 

             The books are now all selling for 86p!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi John. Just wanted to let you know that I googled "The Real McCoy John McKenzie" and I found some really interesting results. It seems the University of Glasgow have all your radio plays listed, and I think on file! Ewan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewan! What? I'll need to check that out!

    ReplyDelete