Tuesday 1 May 2018

Allotment stuff




                   First of all, I think I might have sorted the problem with uploading photies from my phone to this bloggy. So you share the photie on the phone to Google Photos. Then, when you want them, you can copy them from the photos place to your desktop, and copy them from there onto the blog. I think the main problem is this crap laptop which has never been able to recognise the phone when it's been attached. Basturns!

                   The bottom photie is of  the allotment yesterday afternoon. The paramedics are with a lady allotmenteer who seemed to have hurt her ankle. I had no idea. She was talking with someone when I dodged passed them and went to do the digging. Anyway, the poor woman was lying there on her own for about ten minutes .... I thought she might be having a wee rest, or be a bit pissed, or resting in the sunshine. So the paramedics were giving her nitrous oxide, and I heard today she was in agony. But not a cheep out of her. Stiff upper lip. She seemed to think her ankle was broken. Today it had grown to a broken leg with her break at a forty five degree angle, but I don't think it could have been that bad. But there you go. Calamity just waiting unexpectedly round the corner. Luckily, the guy who got half my allotment was there and got the medics to her. I'm bloody useless of course.

                    I did the first plantings today: onions and tatties. Piece of cake with only half an allotment these days.

                    My meditations got a boost when I got onto this buddhist pilgrimage in November. Actually, it looks like a brilliant pilgrimage. Northern India is my least favourite place, but it'll be great to be able to quiz the lama for three weeks or so. Hurrah!

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment