Tuesday 24 April 2018

The Strange Sensations.


          I was hoping to download some recent photies - a main purpose for this blog - and, of course, Windows 10 is effing me around as usual and I only managed to download a photie of my old training shoes. I've probably been using these for shadow boxing around the kitchen for more than decade, but threw them out yesterday. No photies of the daffodils at Lauriston Castle at the weekend. Oh well.

          There are a lot of sensations being experienced in these meditation and there have been for some time. For years and years now, whenever I've been sitting quietly doing nothing, a lot of stuff is going on. Say, there were ten sensations which you don't feel unless you meditate. None of these sensations are bad sensations, but some are neutral. There are a whole different set of variable sensations which check in as the after-effects of the vase breathing.

          So what does all this mean? It means nothing to me really. These sensations just occur. I was hoping yesterday that I might recognise some order, as in, this is happening so I know what to expect next. But I'm not anywhere near there.

          The sensations progress and develop and they are just sensations to me. I don't even have labels for them. No names. If you have a label for something, that is not the same as understanding it, but at least it is a start, an attempt at classification.

          This is a lovely time of the year. I've agreed to go an a pilgrimage with Lama Rinchen for most of November. Unfortunately, it's to Northern India mostly and that's my least favourite place, but what the hell. Shame the man didn't become enlightened in the south of France.

         



2 comments:

  1. I say!

    How can you be the only person in the world unable to share a photie?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a devil in my digitation!

    ReplyDelete