Monday 14 August 2017

Once back to earth


          That's a photie of Crichton Castle. And a post. My friend usually drives us into the countryside every weekend in search of such as woodland walks, with chickens if possible. Also, water. Occasionally, you get to drive past castles. They're all over the shop.

         I boiled up some apples tonight. Delicious. I can't eat them raw, but just boiling them seems to change their taste completely. Since I stopped being a vegetarian (when I got back from the Singalila Ridge) I've been eating a lot of chicken and making chicken soup. The soup tonight has the chicken stock and tatties, onions and cabbage that I grew. Very nice soup.

         I was a bit annoyed with myself today. I started writing the thriller. Might as well. I really quite enjoyed it too! I gave up writing to meditate six hours a day, but these days I'm lucky to do three, at least at the weekends. So I might as well write. That makes no sense, but I'll do more.


2 comments:

  1. I say!

    Is that a kasbah in Morocco?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Used to be a pub in the Cowgate. You could say that to the taxi driver: take me to the Kasbah!

    ReplyDelete