Tuesday 22 August 2017

Jock Tamson's final reckoning and ra bliss.


          On Sunday, since I'd spoken to Stephen Greenhorn about it the day before, I read the copy of the play I got from the folk in the Appleton Tower, where I met him on Saturday.

          I wanted to just read it in a oner, and get some kind of feeling about it, and then leave it for good. But I was too surprised by it to come to any conclusion. I'd forgotten that I'd changed the ending (again!) and the bits about the Old Man that I'd re-inserted just jumped out at me. I couldn't see the arc, the shape of the piece, unfolding the way I would have liked. The problem with writing scripts which will never be performed is that there isn't really a cut off point, the kind a performance gives you. Anyway, I'll try not to do anything to yon play unless I get some actors to read it. Which won't happen, but that's okay.

        The bliss was so strong, so good today, especially in the first meditation. Hard to say now when the first meditation begins. Lying on my side or on my back in bed in the morning has lots of bliss coming into it these days. The man said you could meditate sitting, lying, and walking. I haven't got the bliss whilst walking yet, but I'm better at the inter meditational times walking or not because I try to keep in mind that everything is arising and abiding and declining as one thing, which I am very fortunate to be a little part of. Anyway, even if Dzogchen is not a gradual path, I think this idea was re-inforced by reading some of the Dzogchen stuff.

        The photie is from a couple of months ago, a random look out the side window.

No comments:

Post a Comment