Tuesday 31 May 2016

In the war against the machines part 234





          I was hoping to post photies of the allotment and such like. I| was going to blog photies of the plants I put in today. I built a cage of green netting. There was also a photie of a seed that flies through the air for a day or two every year at this time, and I saw the clouds of them today and I wanted to know what it was. This seemed appropriate since a friend noticed a great hatching of insects on the Inverleith Pond at the weekend, but couldn't find out what kind.

          My friend pressed the wrong button on this computery thing and I now have windows 10. After hating windows 8, but getting used to it, I did not want windows 10. I want the machines to stay the same since every change costs me time. The war against the machines is about resenting the amount of time these machines take out of my life.

           So the windows 10 seems not to be as good as windows 8 when it comes to uploading photies from the mobile phone. I think you have to download some kind of app. It seems to want me to do something about backing up the photies using Google or something. Anyway, today I spent about an hour or so on trying to sort this, and, of course, I have failed.

           The Yahoo Mail thing came on with big, big letters, like for the semi blind, and it took me a while to sort that too.

            I hate the machines. I needed a good electric typewriter with some memory. Had I had such a thing today, I would have spent all the time spent in the war against the machines in writing my Ecuador book.

            The photies are of Sikkim.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warning about Windows 10. I've grown used to Windows 8.

    The photies are positively post-apocalyptic. Hope I die before I get old. Albert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say!

    Yes, I've heard that some old people have problems with Windows 10. It is probably because their minds become less nimble with age. However, if you plug your mobile phone into your computer with the charging cable, click on the Phone directory (you get this by selecting File Explorer from the wee Windows icon, probably in the bottom left of your screen or alternately by clicking the windows icon on your keyboard plus the letter e) and then selecting the appropriate directory within your phone directory structure, you will be able to copy photos from your phone onto your computer in an old-fashioned way. Double-clicking a photo will open software which allows you to edit the photos.

    I'm sure this will help a lot.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's got the bloody time for all that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say!

    I'm sorry to hear that you are so short of time. Do you still work?

    More importantly, are you keeping your powder dry?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete