Wednesday 11 November 2015

Still in the war against the machines



          I've spent the last three times I've tried to write anything dealing with word processing problems, but today I decided only to spend only half the time on that and actually wrote down some words.

          Yesterday was the first day of not smoking. It's embarrassing to still become addicted to tobacco when I've given it up so often, but I've been smoking now for about three months. Not yesterday or today though.

          First day off yesterday and I went to the bank to clear up some stuff on my statements. I was led into a room to phone the credit card folk in the bank. I was asked to pay £45 last month when I hadn't used the card for a year or so. The folk in the bank said my credit card was £45 in credit, so I was phoning the credit card folk (they are the same folk as the bank?) to ask for the £45 back. I could not access my account there because I failed to answer the security questions properly. I handed the phone to the bank teller. You speak to them, says I. She was the one who told me to go into the room to speak in the first place, but of course they would not talk to her. No way. I tried to hand the credit card to this person. I do not want this, I said. She said she could not take it. Why not? Because it has £45 in credit on it. They said they could send me something special so I could speak to the credit card folk (who are the same folk!). They asked me what I wanted. I want to be left alone, I said.

       The first day off nicotine and you could murder someone, so you could.

       I'm going to try and finish a first draft of my book before I go to the Holy Isle. There's lots of stuff I could write here about the developments in the inner heat juju, but no one who reads this is interested, so ....Oh, I went up the allotment today and did some digging. |That's what the photies are about.

4 comments:

  1. I say!

    Why did you refuse to answer the security question?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say!

    Or, you could simply tell the bank that you got stuck in the sivinties, and that the modern world has wafted over you.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a comment here and it has disappeared. This is what the war against the machines is like, the guerilla stuff. I did not refuse to answer the security question as I did not know the answer. How secure can you get?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a comment here and it has disappeared. This is what the war against the machines is like, the guerilla stuff. I did not refuse to answer the security question as I did not know the answer. How secure can you get?

    ReplyDelete