Sunday 5 January 2014

Photies from a different walk!










          When I'm going out for a walk, I normally turn left down near the end of Raeburn Place. Today I went right, so the photies are of a different part of the beautiful, wonderful city. So lucky to live in this part of town.

           This is the fourth day of having no nicotine. There was bit of early afternoon teeth clenching, but I've been helped a lot by the fact that I haven't had to see any of my deep, dear friends. Of course, I spent whole days saying nothing to nobody. The four folk I talked to most have passed away over the last two years, and I do miss decent conversation. It might seem a little odd then to be going off to some place where I can expect almost no conversation at all, but clinging and craving never got anyone anywhere.

              I think this is the fourth or fifth time I've had to wrestle with the Nicotine Dragon since this time last year. What an idiot!!

5 comments:

  1. I say!

    Holy crud! Turned right instead of left? Did you get lost immediately? Next thing you know you'll be brushing your teeth before washing your face.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mingin'! Is swilling out your wallies not the new brushing your teeth? At least some of us may miss the weeping and gnashing of teeth unless teeth are provided!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say!

    Another year of six hours a day meditations and next year you may be able to neither turn right or left, but go straight ahead and take the middle path. Unfortunately, as there's no maths involved, it may take two years.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mingin'! During the next month I'll probably do near enough 200 hours of meditation. That's about as much as One Chop Stick Harry could manage in several lifetimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which end of Raeburn Place? I.e. Is it a left or right turn at the front door?

    Mingers, heh heh.

    ReplyDelete