Tuesday 7 January 2014

Two days to go!










          The two top photies were taken yesterday when I went to the hospital to visit my friend with the MS.Visiting Kate is a great antidote for feeling sorry for yourself. She's always cheerful.

           The rest of the photies were taken on a great walk I had today in the Botties.

            This is the sixth day since I started wrestling with the Nicotine Dragon and I wakened today feeling quite happy. I used to think I was crabbit in the morning because almost everyone is crabbit first thing, but I now think that first thing mood is due to pollutants in your system. For instance, if you're a nicotine addict, you wake up with a deficit, and probably aren't really together till you've had some nicotine and coffee maybe.

             The last time I tried to buy aspirin from Lloyd's pharmacy, the woman asked me if I'd had aspirin recommended by my doctor. Nonplussed, I ended up getting some from Princes Street. But today I was ready for them. So the woman asked me if the doctor had recommended that I take aspirin. No, I said, but he didn't recommend that I get hangovers either. The aspirin wasn't for hangovers since I don't really get them. So they don't want to give you aspirin. Nobody has ever asked me if the doctor had recommended them when I buy fags, or beer for some reason.

               As I've said, the mood music changed today. I'm looking forward to the rest of my wonderful life. Get me to the Holy Isle!! Get me to the Holy Isle!!

1 comment: