Thursday 22 June 2023

The Fox and I.


 

                    I've fed the fox a couple of times. Sometimes he walks by. I've given him dog food three times in the last couple of weeks on the grounds that I prefer foxes to rabbits.

                    I'm hoping that reporting on my feeble efforts to get a literary agent might stimulate better efforts. In the last three weeks, I've sent out four emails to agents and got no positive responses. In fact, I didn't get any response from

Daisy Chadley of Peters, Fraser and Dunlop.

Stan from the Northern Literary Agency

Fraser Ross Associates.

Jenny Brown Assocs did reply, saying that they weren't taking submissions right now. That's okay. If I could get a quick response, I could continue searching.

                    Can't say my heart is in this searching for an agent business. That's practically all I've done in three weeks. Dearie me.

Tonight 23/6/23 ... I got an email from Stan saying he'd look at the two books. I sent him three since I didn't know which two books he wanted. But it doesn't matter. What matters is that I don't have to send out any emails to anyone about getting an agent for a couple of weeks anyway. So well done, Stan. 

                       I think I'll have to think of something else to write a book about. Where do you get your ideas from?

No comments:

Post a Comment