Wednesday 14 June 2023

How tentative about getting an literary agent can you get?


Daisy Chadley at Peter's, Fraser and Dunlop didn't reply to the first email I sent to anyone in this quest to find a literary agent. Wasn't it always thus! If they'd just look at it and then reply with a no thanks.

                    You think you should just send one email at a time, and wait for a reply, and be a good soldier. Well, maybe that's not the way the world works. However, after sending one email into the cyber void, I'm not quitting yet. I'll send another one when I can find the time ... I had more time when I was working because I tried not to do any work and if you do that, you've got plenty of time to fill. These days there aren't enough hours in the day for the stuff I want to do.

                    I also sent a copy of The Buddha, The Dakini, and The Dirty Old man to somebody, LR Price Publications. They have this big advert when you ask for manna from heaven on the computery thing, and you talk to the machines, and it might be something you'd do because it's got a big advert.

                    I'll have to stop being half arsed about this, but it's hard to find the time.

                     It was too hot today to sit outside. The weather has been amazingly good for over a week. Or, amazingly bad because it seems climate change wasn't a hoax after all.

                      Even with no time, I'll have to find the time to read the books by Cormac McCarthy I haven't read. So I should. I don't read much fiction, if any these days, but I did read one or two books by him, and was blown away. Brilliant writer. So brilliant. But dead now: deid deid deid as he can be! Let that be a lesson. We're all fucked.

        


No comments:

Post a Comment