Tuesday 22 March 2022

The diggings have begun




                     A little later this year, I've started the diggings. If I dig four rows at a time, it'll take about twelve or fourteen goes. 

                    For twenty five years or so, I dug this ground once, sometimes twice, a year and managed to kill everything underground. I didn't know about this happening till I saw a farmer plowing this field. In the first year, the tractor was followed by hundreds of birds. Twenty years later, there's no birds following the tractor because all the worms and whatnot have been done in.

                     Then I saw worms on the telly coming above ground to take down fallen leaves. Amazing. So for two autumns I put fallen leaves on the ground and today at the diggings ... worms all over. I assume I enticed them back, but how did they know about the leaves.

                       Watched a YouTube vid from the Western Festival of Science about Intelligence Without Brains. Because of this, I bought the book by Monica Gagliano called Thus Spoke the Plant. Looking forward to finding the time to read it!

                        I've been really enjoying working on my new book, but if you meditate for four or five hours a day ....

2 comments: