Wednesday 2 February 2022

When the Springtime will come ...


            Nothing but good stuff to report. On Sunday I picked up four hundred wee onions from the allotment shop and that felt great. Although there will be snow and sleet yet, I feels like the end of the dark times. Next Sunday I'll be picking up my tatties, so every afternoon when the weather allows, I'll be able to go up to the allotment and dig for a bit before meditating. Digging, planting ... I'm really looking forward to it. As you can see from the photo, it needs a bit of work done.

            I'm just about finished a book by Gopi Krishna called Kundalini, The Evolutionary Energy in Man. It's not as good as Living with Kundalini, but it reminds you to watch out what you wish for. He had two kundalini arousals which seem to be just about killed him. He got this from meditating. I remember the wee conversation I had with Ringu Tulku in the long ago when I was asking him about raising inner heat. He said opening the channels is not too difficult, but you have to be able to close them again. You have to do things in the right order. You'd be daft doing Deity Yoga without having someone to ask about stuff. 

            Of course, I completely ignored that advice from Ringu Tulku, but I've been lucky so far and I've only had good things from meditating. And everything in that regard is getting much better. Much, much better. Something is happening in there!!! Maybe something wonderful. What a fortunate creature I am, I am. What a fortunate creature I am!

            I think only two people regularly read this blog. It gets hits from folk looking for vase breathing instructions and that's about it. But recently someone has been reading big chunks of it here and there. With the statscounter thing, you can find out roughly where hits are coming from. Tappahannock in Washington, Virginia. The thing that comes up is the Tappahannock Police Department. Well, as a Scottish school kid I was taught the mantra for all occasions: it wisny me. A big boy did it and ran away.

        The Susquehanna River runs into Virginia. Susquehanna was my mantra for over a decade when I started meditating. Just looking at it on the page engenders pleasantness. Susquehanna, susquehanna, susquehanna ... that's the way to do it!!

            

 

4 comments:

  1. happy new year hot boy,
    Haha brilliant thinking of a night duty polis in suskesquehana devouring the blog!
    Hows the book coming along?
    All good on the allotment front I see....everything on my balcony is wind burnt by a three week levante...och it will recover!
    Loveandpeacexxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, there's nothing getting burnt by the wind around here! I don't know where I'm going yet this new book, but I think I finished the first chapter today. I feel better writing about buddhisty/meditation stuff as it feels like a more integrated way to live somehow. I've stopped giving up writing. I thought not writing would mean less intrusive thoughts when I'm meditating, but that's just wrong. You're going to have thoughts about something. It's not as if I'm on a retreat.
    The old firm game is just finished. Huns put to the sword. The tims blew them away and had three goals before half time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot bhoy!!the tims are on a roll....aberdeen on the rwceiving end ...or obar dheathainn as they say in the gaelic..which im ising as my distraction from the monkey brain...that and crochet....aye the times we live in!
    keep on keepin on
    Loveandpeacexxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to get a vid on here, another head standing vid, because it was my birthday and I thought I'd do one a year. Because I still can. But at 71 I'm falling to bits just like my chums, just a little slower maybe.Met one today. Dearie me. Anyway, I am not free from the war against the machines.

    ReplyDelete