Wednesday 26 May 2021

Another Open Grave


 

          Yesterday, I was in a restaurant for the second time in over a year. The first time was about ten days ago and they weren't selling alcohol inside then, so I thought it was safe to meet the old toothless one, the baldy Brian Wilson for lunch.

           I noticed folk in the restaurant downstairs drinking inside a couple of days ago, and I tried to get out of going for lunch with Brian Wilson, especially when he booked us a table outside some joint I'd never heard of. This is when it was pouring outside and in the coldest May anybody can remember.

          I tried to organise a visit to my brother, who is now in a care home in Viewpark, but it seems that I have to wait for a slot in two weeks. The old toothless one is not in a care home yet, but it can't be long now, and I thought I'd better go to the lunch since I did promise him a couple of weeks ago.

          Brian Wilson was incapable of doing anything without an app, so I called The Roseleaf, a very nice bar restaurant in Leith. They have a blackboard and chalk in the bog. When I went in there, someone had written Brian rules on the blackboard. So I wrote,

                ALL COMPOUNDED THINGS ARE SUBJECT TO DISSOLUTION. 

           I don't think I was trying to be funny with the spelling when  I wrote,

                PURSUE YOUR SALVASHION WITH DILIGENCE

          I think it was another time when I wrote,

                WALK ON.

           I should have taken my own advice. I fell asleep (passed out) on the bus and wakened up in Bruntsfield. At the start of this afternoon, I donned the Beer Monster Reduction Vehicle (bin liner, sweat shirts, sleeveless woollen jumper, simmit) and sweated some beer out. I feel good now and will go up to the allotment to meditate.

          The quote is from my wall. It's my version of what the Buddha said before he died. I think he's supposed to have said the last two lines.

           Brian Wilson sent me the photo today. I haven't had a haircut since before I was in India a couple of  years ago now.

No comments:

Post a Comment