Wednesday 17 April 2019

Scunnered with Samsara








          Appreciating the drawbacks to samsara is supposed to be a good way to turn your mind towards practice. Every since I was in India before Christmas, I've felt a bit scunnered. Richard Feynmann got a bit scunnered after helping to make the atomic bomb because he thought after that human effort was meaningless. Well, I wasn't helped by seeing how much pollution there was in northern India. If they can't fix the air folk breathe there, what chance do we have with climate change. Of course, climate change won't kill everyone, just an awful lot of poor people.

          I have a strong desire these days not to be reborn. India was good for that as well. Half the folk I knew in Edinburgh seem to exist in a circle of hell, and we're the lucky ones. I wouldn't mind so much if everything that happened to you was the result of your actions, but you're involved in all kinds of karmas and some of the shit that lands from a great height is not your fault.

          It's okay for me. On Saturday last we were in Dunfermline and the park there was really nice. Then we went to Kinghorn.

          I feel very confident about the meditations these days. Yes, it's okay for me, but when I look around, things seem completely fucked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment