Tuesday 7 April 2015

Wall Street today.











         We went down to China Town today to eat some dim sum for lunch. I had no idea what lots of the stuff in the food shops were. Then we went to Wall Street  on a bus. There is a statue to George Washington in Wall Street since it was in Wall Street that he was inaugurated as the first President of the USA. Oddly apposite somehow. There are red and white striped lums in some of the streets with steam coming out of them. What are they and what are they for? We went to Times Square to get tickets for Mama Mia, but unfortunately it wasn't on tonight. I am not an Abba fan. It's bad enough growing to like the Beach Boys due to constant exposure, but I'm definitely drawing the line at Abba.

2 comments:

  1. I say!

    The first snap - taken in Omdurman market! Am I right?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete