Friday 27 February 2015

Allotment at the end of winter



          I'm really just trying to download photies onto this laptop. The top two are from my mobile phone and the bottom one is from the camera I got off my daughter. I don't find this Windows 8 stuff helpful at all. Anyway, if I can manage to get the photies off the cameras, I might pay more attention to this blog when I go my holidays in a week. It hardly seems any time since I got back from India, and I'm feeling wound up right now about going elsewhere.

          But I watched a telly programme last night about monasteries and I spoke to my spiritual friend the day before yesterday about zen monasteries and their routines. So I'll be a month in one of those monasteries. I'm starting to look forward to that!! Even getting up at four in the morning. A whole month of complete detox. That's what I call spring cleaning!

1 comment:

  1. I say!

    I fear you have rather shattered Abdul's impression of dear old Blighty. I heard him talking to his pals. He is Yao, which I don't speak at all, but it sounded something like: "Izi bing guello. Indi bwana friend Fat Mac ngwana diti mbonga flatscreen weru ndoro TV no bigger than a satnav!"

    I tried to explain that, for the nouveaux bourgeois riche in Blighty, a normal sized TV is sometimes seen as being a little crude, but I fear that it rather got lost in translation.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete