Tuesday 10 July 2012

Alma Mater


Promoting ebooks again!!

          Last week I had to clear some of my old junk from my mother's house and came upon the parcel you see in the photograph. This is the original copy of Alma Mater. I was writing this from the age of about twenty two till I was about twenty six, then I put it down again, took it up after trying to write other stuff, put it down again .... as you do! I think the first draft was half a million words long, but I decided to re-write it by  cutting out the first two years of university and it went immediately from half a million to a quarter of a million words. A brilliant piece of editing!

          The travails and circumstances the re-write was done in are told in Are You Boys Cyclists? This book is FREE to download today.

           I've been trying not to look at my Reports on the publishing site, but I did today and I have only sold one book this month. Last month I sold eight, with three being at the rock bottom price, the others at $2.99. I decided that I'll have to avail myself of the free book promotions again since this is really my only marketing tool and I can put books through these promotions without having to spend too much time at the computer. I have ten books on Kindle so that gives me fifty days of free promotions. I guess that means something from me will be free for the next wee while on five out of every six days. Right now I'd rather they were getting read than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment