Friday 25 November 2011

First Royalties!!

          I was amazed today to see in my emails that Kindle were sending me £10:88 in royalties. I really did not expect to make any money putting my ten books on kindle, especially since I had the idea that the royalty payments were triggered after you'd had hundred dollars worth of sales. Well, it seems not. 

           The only "marketing" these books have had has been done on this blog, which is getting hit at the moment about once a day, and on Facebook. I've got under forty "friends" on Facebook and most of them are relatives! I've also sometimes tried to advertise them on the discussion threads you find on the kindle page, but I don't think you're really supposed to do that. And some folk don't like you doing it!

           So far the books have had only two reviews from folk I don't know. The ones that seem to be selling recently are Alma Mater, (which I don't think had sold any a couple of weeks ago), Remote Control , and The Real McCoy. I would have expected City Whitelight to sell the most since it was good enough to be published twice and was turned into a Monday Night Theatre on Radio Four

          I reckon I get about 26p for every book sold so I must have sold over forty books. That's forty more than I would have sold if I hadn't had them put on Kindle!! If you've bought one, thanks very much.

          There's only seven books listed on my Kindle page. There's ten on Kindle. Dearie me!

           

1 comment:

  1. This is just the start. Don't be so negative!

    ReplyDelete