Wednesday 18 May 2011

Provisional Cover for Alma Mater






          My wonderful daughter sent me these possible covers this morning. I told her to hurry up with them and not bother spending so much time on them just now since I'm pretty desperate to get all these books uploaded to Kindle, but I've really like the fast covers for Remote Control, Ancient Futures and this one for Alma Mater. The covers she did for In The Land Of The Demon Masters and Bugtown were paintings, I think. I have no idea how she's come up with these.

          I told her the keywords for the book were Edinburgh University, hippies, drugs ... nobody would buy a book called Alma Mater, and most folk might not know what that expression means, but this cover with that title works, I think. Maybe I'm biased, but if there's any of these you particularly fancy, let me know.

          I was at one point thinking of changing the title to Drug Tests, but there's a quote from Newman about Alma Maters at the beginning, and It's been called Alma Mater since about 1973, so ....

           The consigliere has a lot on his plate at the moment and he's still attending to the relaunch of Ancient Futures, but I'll let you know when they get uploaded!

No comments:

Post a Comment