Monday 7 March 2011

Writing Record

          Though hardly comprehensive, this is what I give to folk as a writing resume!

JOHN McKENZIE’S
WRITING RESUME

THEATRE

BUSTED:       
National tour by Mandela Theatre Company (late Boilerhouse).

BUSTED:      
New version performed at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe by The Sieve and Shears Theatre Company.

CLOCKED OUT:     
Produced by Traverse as part of the Spinning a Line season.

BOMBED:             
Produced by Traverse as part of the Spinning a Line season.


RADIO PLAYS

THE MARIJUANA KID:     
Broadcast on Radio Scotland, twice on Radio Four and once on  the World Service.

CLOCKING OUT:      
Broadcast on Radio Scotland and then Radio Four.

CITY WHITELIGHT:        
Monday Night Theatre on Radio Four.

THE REAL McCOY:         
Monday Night Theatre on Radio Four.


NOVELS

CITY WHITELIGHT:
Published in hardback by Mainstream Publishing, Edinburgh and in paperback by Fontana, London.

ARE YOU BOYS CYCLISTS?      
Published by Serpents Tail Publishing Ltd., London.

Other Business

          I wrote a couple of plays for Educational Broadcasting, Radio Scotland and I’ve had chapters of novels published in Teaching English and Rebel Inc., Instant, etc. I’ve also received support from the Scottish Arts Council who gave me two writers’ bursaries.

          I have eight unpublished novels. I’ve had interested from a new Glasgow publisher about publishing these as ebooks with hard copies as requested, but I think at the end of the day they'll all appear on Amazon Kindle and other ebooks formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment