Monday 12 July 2021

First draft of Cold Killing finished.



                        


                         In the middle of last week I finished the first draft of a novel I've been working on for ages. Of course, I'm not writing much these days, not compared to the amount of time I used to spend writing. But it felt very good to reach this milestone. I'd forgotten how good such things could be.

                         It's called Cold Killing, and it's the second thriller I've tried to write. I finished the first draft of Remote Control about 1981 and didn't complete it till about 2000. Then the agent I was writing it for turned out to be a crook and the book only sent out to one publisher. The same fate will probably fall to this Cold Killing. But it's good to have something I can footer with every now and again. 

                          The pubs near where I sometimes stay in Newington exploded onto the street with much joyousness when England lost the Euros in the penalty shoot out last night. Hurrah!! They played the whole of the 1966 World Cup Final on the telly the night before. If they'd won last night, we would never have heard the end of it. 

7 comments:

  1. hi hotboy
    i checked in today to see if their was any word of the latest offering - well done you! look forward to it.
    See from the photie below you were in me old hgome town....dont know when i will be there again , all these testing requirements make it unlikely that i can come this year -dearie dear
    Be well
    Loveandpeacexxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't believe how much the road to Viewpark had changed. I used to know a lot of folk in Viewpark through school and football, but fifty years have nearly gone by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say Hotters!

    I hope you had your gambling addiction under control during the footers, and did not lose money on teams that didn't win.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost £10 which I bet on the Englanders winning, but was glad to forfeit such a sum due to the outbreak of total joy in those all around me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say Hotters!

    If only the Jocks could win some footers championship. I expect you'd only mention it once and once only. Unlike how the Jocks go on about inventing just about everything, all of the time.

    Anyway, is your new book about how people should get along with each other?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say Hotters!

    I hear that there's no beer left in Jockland! A disaster, surely? Up the road from my house here in Kalimbuka a fair bit, in Zaire (well, I still call it Zaire even though it's got some new fangled name) the roads may be terrible and virtually impassable, but the beer still gets through. There's a lesson to be learned, I'm sure. They got rid of their dictator some time ago.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do they have a Borarse now? We've got one and his wife runs the country now. We're bound to win the World Cup now.

    ReplyDelete