Monday 20 August 2018

In Denmark in the war against the machines.






          I travelled to see my nephew Liam and nephew Neil with their families in Trige, Denmark. You have to get to Copenhagen and then get on a train to Aarhus, and it's decades since I travelled on my own. It's not the travelling that bothers me. Not at all. It's the machines.

           I was in the queue at the bank when the woman told me I didn't have to inform the bank that I was going abroad. This reminded me of  Poisonous telling me the cards worked in Ecuador. Well, after trying many banks, yes, the cards worked. So when I got off the plane in Denmark, I tried the first machine and it said bugger off. Well, I'd taken £300 out in Scotland and that's why it probably didn't work, but I was not surprised.

          Getting the ticket for the train was okay and this Danish machine was really user friendly and even I had not trouble with that machine. On the way back, it took me four goes to get the self service check-in to work. Trouble scanning the passport. But a wee boy helped me with that and it finally worked. Then the automatic passport control couldn't scan my passport either, and that took five minutes more than it should have.

           All the time I'm coming home, I'm thinking that I really don't want to go to India this November. I'm booked to fly to Heathrow from Brussels after flying from India. Nightmare.  Hopefully,  by the autumn I'll have forgotten how horrible air travel is.

           What I saw and heard about Denmark left a very good impression. Same population as Scotland, but no foodbanks and no beggars in the streets. The social services are apparently excellent. My nephew's daughter was doing hatha yoga out the back garden. She gets taught it in primary school. Makes one wonder why Scotland can't be just like that.

            The first photie is of a cabin where I slept. Perfect spot for meditating. Windows, heater and bed. What more could a meditater ask for?

4 comments:

  1. I say!

    Some auld people find modern life so difficult that they go and live in a monastery, but if you keep young at heart, you can cope with anything.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old folk don't like self service check-outs, check-ins, or any of that jiggery pockery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that you standing on the platform sticking out over a building....thats too much jiggerrypokery for me hotboy!
    India will of course be fabulous machines or not.....I was in bellshill recently...went thru to festivAl city,caught the last trainback...standing room only and about20 folk got off at bellshill....when did that start happening!
    Loveandpeacecxx
    Loveandpeace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle! That is not me standing over the void! Nuts. For the first time in about thirty years I saw bugger all in the fringe or festival. Nice to hear the Bellshill folk are getting into the culture! Since they put on the 40 minute train to Bellshill from Edinburgh, it made all this stuff more likely.

    ReplyDelete