Friday 31 March 2017

Tummo and the Bliss




          It starts, if I remember right, with a bit of a creepy crawly going up your back or pulling at your shoulders. Maybe that's the way one part of it goes. The other part might be the straight out white light blissy stuff you get with your eyes closed early doors. These can operate separately, but are linked in some way.
          What I mean by that is that sometimes these days you can feel a lot of force moving in your body, especially in your upper body, but there will be no bliss or not much present.
          Of course, it is difficult to describe feelings and such to folk who might have no experience of them.
           This morning the meditations were wonderful and in some ways more developed - that is, feeling different - than before. It's glorious the way the wonderful feelings emerge just by sitting quietly. It is truly wonderful.
            I'm practising this juju is the worst possible way. That is, surrounded by folk who are not in the slightest bit interested in meditation and are an encouragement to drink and carouse, to behave just like them, and they are not happy.
            I'm often not a happy bunny either. I can do the bliss, but there isn't enough progress with the afflictive emotions. I think I am generally happier than most folk, but I know I need to work hard at the analytical meditations. But one has to acknowledge that our humanity means that we will grieve and such like, and you have to accept stuff like that.
            Other sources of afflictive emotions right now are in politics. I'm trying to ignore politics. I felt so much better when my sister sent my my grandfather's birth certificate. I can get an Irish passport and stay a member of the EU whatever happens. Hurrah!!
            The photie is of Khenpo Karthar. Meeting him was a big moment, though more in retrospect. He bumped heads with me and said: I am happy to make a connection with you. What a fortunate creature, I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!!

1 comment:

  1. I say!

    I had exactly the same symptoms. Went to see the Dutch doctor at Domasi. You know what he said? "Flatulence!" Liver salts. Can't recommend them enough.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete