Sunday 11 January 2015

Some photies from India














          I got back from my trip to Bodh Gaya on Friday. I'm not going back any time soon. Pestilential hell-hole, so it is. But there were some parts of the trip which were unforgettable.

          The bottom two photies were of the statue in the wee cave where the Buddha spent six years practising austerities. The ones above that are of the monkeys that hung around there. Above that is a poor attempt to get a photie of the men who would carry you up to either Vulture's Peak or the buddha's cave. I can't remember which.

          Above that are photies of my hotel and its environs. The very top photie is of the stupa which marks where the buddha gained enlightenment.

          That's about a quarter of the photies I took. I'll upload the rest over the next couple of days.

3 comments: