Wednesday 14 March 2012

Promoting Ebooks on Kindle again!

14th March, 2012 - 2:50 p.m.

          I managed not to look at the reports section of my Kindle account for nearly two weeks. What restraint! All this month so far I have kept away from the Meet Our Author forums and I've done bugger all to promote the books. Around the 20th of February I put all the books up from 77p to $3:50 since I can't believe it's that sales are that price sensitive.

          As it turns out, it looks like I sold 12 books in February before the 20th, when I upped the price, and since then, according to the month to date unit sales (these are in the Reports section) I've sold one book in March. Though it has to be said that one book at the new price is worth six books sold at the old price to me in royalties, this is still a bit disappointing.

          However, if I look at the Prior Six Weeks Royalties reports, it shows that I've sold about twenty two books since the royalties moved up from 35% to 70% (i.e. from the 20th of February and the price change), but in this section these sales are not showing up as royalties. Well, one of them is. They might be somehow connected to the free book promotions but I don't see how. The books go into the Prior Six Weeks Royalties section seems to receive data week by week and some of these books are registered as being sold in March, but aren't showing up in the Month to Date sales.

           So I'm pretty sure I've sold only one book in March since that looks like being the only one I'll be paid for. But there is something odd about the reports.

            I noticed when I was looking at my Kindle account that I had omitted somehow to put in the IBAN and BIC numbers for my bank account. Probably made a mistake when I was trying to save it. Anyway, this might account for the fact that I've received no money from the States. If I've made £23 or so in Blighty, I must have made ten dollars in the States by now. I guess I'll see at the end of the month.

            I think I saw somewhere that folk got alerts for price drops, so I've dropped all my prices today from $3:50 to $3:25.

             I suppose all this Kindle stuff has given me an interest. But I will try to avert my attention once more from the Reports section, and stop footering with that kind of thing every time I log on. Well, I'll try.

           
     

5 comments:

  1. I think that there should be more extracts and discussion items, etc, on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, you could run a reading group

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a slow month, indeed. I've had to promote hard on twitter, and try and raise and lower prices to keep my sales rank reasonably stable. Let's hope things pick up soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grant! Since I lowered my prices a little .... zip! I'm now selling about a book a week. Well, I'm trying not to look at the reports every day, but the last time I looked I'd sold five book in March and it's the 28th now. I'm starting back on the Meet Our Authors forum to see if I can stimulate sales there. But I'm trying not to spend much time in promoting my books since I'd rather write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grant! Just clicked on your website. Nice and professional looking. If you're young and into computers,and can write, you should crack this ebook lark!

    ReplyDelete